Sun-dried Tomato & Caper Shrimp Fettuccini with Summer Asparagus (GF/Grain Free/Soy Free Cappello's Pasta)
This Sun-dried tomato caper shrimp fettuccini was inspired by none other than Frank Prisinzano. He recently did an oil and garlic tutorial which used anchovies as the salty addition and while I wasn't using the exact method since I wasn't using dried pasta, I decided to use capers & sun-dried tomatoes to boost the dish in a similar way. What I used:
- 10 large shrimp (wild caught)
- 1 package Cappello's Fettuccini
- 2 spoonfuls of Trader Joe's Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 spoonfuls of Capers
- Plenty of olive oil/grape seed oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced thin
- white wine (you'll eyeball this but maybe half a cup)
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium/high heat then add the oil and garlic. Quickly brown the garlic and then add in the cappers & sun-dried tomatoes. Let this get nice and hot then add the lemon juice and white wine and keep letting the sauce reduce and simmer.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water per the instructions (takes about 3 minutes) I did it for even less time since I tossed the pasta right into the sauce and let it sit for about a minute to soak up the deviousness.
- Simply steam the asparagus in a high heat pan, with a little bit of oil & water.
- Serve & enjoy right away!
It was light and summery, but those noodles feel decadent especially with the salty capers and savory sun-dried tomatoes. All in all it was quick and easy and did the trick!