Vegan Dinner a la Trader Joe's Ingredients: Asian Quinoa Bowl with Tofu, Kale, Carrot Ribbons & Ginger Garlic Soy sauce
I told youin this postthat I'm trying out the whole vegan thing, and then I told you in this post that I don't want to eat a ton of tofu, yet here I am again eating tofu. Trying to limit the amount though and using organic sprouted tofu from Trader Joe's so, hopefully not too bad. In one of the images below I show Trader Joe's Soyaki Sauce which I had planned to use but in fact didn't. I ended up using fresh ginger, garlic, & soy sauce to make my own slightly more savory sauce to drizzle atop the bowl.
What I used:
- 1/2 package of Trader Joe's Sprouted Tofu (1 pack comes with 2 separately wrapped blocks. I used 1 block for 2 people)
- 1/2 bunch of broccolini, cut into bite sized pieces
- Small bowl full of chopped kale
- 1 package of Trader Joe's frozen quinoa
- 5-7 heirloom carrots, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 hunk of ginger freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced/put through a garlic press sauce
- soy sauce OR use Trader Joe's Soyaki which I didn't do but it is pictured below
- Cut the tofu into cubes and brown in oil over high heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute the broccolini and kale together in oil over high heat with a lid. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lightly saute the carrot ribbons for a few minutes over medium heat while cooking the quinoa in the microwave (3-4 minutes)
- For the sauce, whisk the ginger, garlic, and as much soy sauce as you want sauce in a small bowl
- Pile it all up and drizzle with sauce!