Slow Cooker Thai Red Curry & Coconut Chicken Stew with Trader Joe's Jasmine Rice
You guys, I'm gonna have to make this again soon to actually measure and give you the right amounts of everything because this was a total throw together but it was soooo good. The right amount of heat and flavor without being overbearing. Slightly sweet from the coconut milk but a totally savory dish. It was full of veggies that all held up well and melded perfectly with the warm fluffy rice. I seriously can't wait to remake this. What I used:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half and then half moons
- 1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced or sliced
- 1 hunk of ginger peeled and cut into slices
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced into very small pieces
- 2 (golf ball sides) tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp (ish) of red curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 (ish) of soy sauce
- Add the carrots, onion, zucchini, jalapeno, chicken, and soy sauce together in a bowl or large ziplock bag and let it marinate for a couple of hours (I actually let it go for over 24 hours because my plans changed!)
- When ready to start the slow cooker, add the bag/bowl of chicken and veggies to the crockpot, along with the ginger slices, diced tomatoes, can of coconut milk, red curry paste, and a few sprigs of cilantro. Set on high for about 3 hours or low for about 6. Remove the cilantro and throw out.
- When ready to eat, shred the chicken in the sauce and serve over warm rice (I used my favorite Trader Joe’s Frozen Jasmine rice) and top with fresh cilantro!