The Best Turkey Meatloaf
OK, I did it. I made the best turkey meatloaf. I've tried before (see here ) but all of the past attempts were just leading to this one. You guys, I can't even tell you how moist and flavorful it was, and the good news has I really measured everything out so I can tell you EXACTLY what to do... and hopefully, I can do it again! The difference this time was that I sauteed the onions and carrots I added to it beforehand which gave it a ton of flavor and kept all of the moisture that other versions have lacked.
What I Used:
- 1 lb ground turkey thigh
- 1 medium onion, diced (small!)
- 2-3 carrots, peeled & diced (small!)
- 3 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe's Onion Salt (could use a combo of onion powder & garlic powder instead)
- 1 handful fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (I use this vegan one)
- In a saute pan cook the onion & carrot with 1/2 tsp salt and the Onion Salt until soft and translucent.
- Remove from the pan and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the beaten egg and the panko, let it sit for about 5 minutes forming a paste.
- Add all of the above ingredients including the sauteed onion & carrot to the bowl and mix by hand.
- Place in a meatloaf pan and roast in the oven at 425 for about 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve it up with roasted potatoes and braised collard greens!