Nut Crusted Tilapia w/ Sweet Potato Hash
This was one of those meals that was an experiment and halfway through I actually told my husband to start searching for something to order in! And then low and behold it turned out to be delicious! Although we had both done pretty big workouts so we needed a post dinner snack because it wasn’t quite enough to fill our huge appetites but really nice light dinner. I have a few suggestions for improving it next time 1) I should have done more of the crushed nut blend the tilapia filets were huge 2) I need to do better research on the hash, I probably needed to drain out more water from the sweet potatoes and find a better setting on the grater for thicker stronger strands Serving Size: 2 adults
- 2 tilapia filets
- 2 eggs (beat)
- 2 handfuls each at least of almonds & pistachios (if not salted add salt) and ground finely. I put them in a ziplock bag and used a mallet - could use a food processor as well.
- 2 sweet potatoes (skin peeled and shredded)
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- bag of brussels (halved or quartered)
- Brussels: Coated with grape seed oil (or olive oil), salt, & pepper and roasted at 375 for 30-45 minutes
- Sweet Potato Hash: Sauté onions in oil until golden, add in the shredded potatoes and sauté on high until browned
- Tilapia: Dredge the filets in the egg and then the nut blend and put right into a hot pan with butter or oil (butter added a nice rich flavor). Pan fry on high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Put in the over at 375 for 10-15 minutes until cooked through fully, depending on the size of the filets.