Turkey Bolognese with Cappello's GF, Grain Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free Gnocchi
Looking for a slightly lighter version of the classic bolognese that's easy to make and always a hit? Look no further than this easy dish because although you could add a lot of other layers to this sauce, sometimes you just want a warm hearty meal without a million ingredients and hours of prep, so today's version is just that. Simple & to the point. What I used:
- 1 lb ground turkey thigh (dark meat has a bit more flavor but for even more use ground Italian turkey sausage)
- 1 large can of steamed peeled whole tomatoes - crush by hand in a large bowl
- oil, salt, pepper, dried crushed oregano, dried crushed basil, a couple of bay leaves
- Bring your skillet or dutch oven to high heat and then add a generous drizzle of olive oil or grapeseed oil and add your turkey. You'll want to use a spatula or wooden spoon of sorts to break the meat up as it cooks and the key here is cooking it until all sides are browned. This will help develop a bit more flavor.
- Once sufficiently browned, add in your crushed tomatoes, mix, and bring to a simmer.
- Add in a small palmful of each dried oregano & basil and one or two bay leaves.
- Let simmer uncovered if you want it to thicken more, or covered for a more liquidy texture until you're ready to serve. Salt & Pepper to taste closer to when you plan to eat
I served it up with Cappello's Gnocchi which only takes about 2-3minutes to cook once you add it to the boiling water along with a simple kale and avocado salad. IT was filling and hearty without leaving my stomach overly full.