Cauliflower Pizza with Nitrate Free Pepperoni
As you all know I have been pretty good over the past 14 months of cutting down on my meat consumption. I still eat it occasionally when I'm out but I never make it at home (aside from chicken/turkey/fish). That said, pregnancy has brought on some challenges and I have added some other meat back into my diet. I have also added dairy back in but truthfully, I kinda can't wait to cut it back out. I really feel the difference now that I'm eating it a bit more.
That said, this dinner was made out of convenience. I had plans to make a stir fry but at the last minute, my husband had to leave for a work dinner so I wanted to whip up something using things I had on hand. I always advocate for keeping certain things in the freezer like these cauliflower crust pizza's, trader joe's frozen quinoa & frozen rice, and even some leftover sauces. In the pantry, I always have at least one can of whole peeled tomatoes, along with jars of salsa verde, tikka masala, and some sort of tomato/pizza sauce - that way when you're in a bind there's so much you can do!
What I Used:
- Trader Joe's Cauliflower Crust
- 1/2 cup of Whole Foods Pizza Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- palmful of Applegate Nitrate-Free Pepperoni
- 6-8 pieces of fresh basil, for garnish
- Follow the crust directions per the box, 10-12 minutes baking on each side at 425, then an extra 3-5 minutes to crisp
- Next add your toppings: sauce, cheese, 'roni and bake for another 5 minutes
- Flip your oven to broil for 2-3 minutes, keeping a close eye to get that nice brown bubbly top
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for a minute before cutting and top with fresh basil.
- Devour! Maybe add a side salad, that was my plan then I got lazy.