Crispy Baked Sesame Chicken Bowl
My New Favorite Method For Cooking Chicken:
I recently discovered and shared this insanely simple but brilliantly effective way of cooking the perfect chicken thighs in the oven in 25 minutes. Seriously dream come true or what?
After trying it out with one spice blend I figured I should start experimenting with others. I wanted to make some sort of Asian stir fry bowl so after some Instagram stalking, google searching, and general pinteresting I found a recipe that I adapted for a sesame chicken. The result was
What I Used:
- 6 chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 package Trader Joe's Frozen Brown Rice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown coconut Sugar (any brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp scallions, chopped (optional garnish, could also use cilantro)
- Start by combining all of the bottom marinade ingredients (except the sesame seeds, save those for later) in a bowl and whisk.
- Then add your chopped chicken, cover and let marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Spread the chicken out on an oil rubbed baking sheet (in one layer) and cook in the oven at 475 for 25-30 minutes occasionally stirring.
- In a large saute pan saute the veggies over medium/high heat until slightly golden/crispy.
- When your chicken is done, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over brown rice with your veggies!