Easy Shrimp Kebabs with Vegan Pesto
Since I recently invested in a little bag of kebab skewers I’m committed to using the things for grilling this summer. I showed you these easy chicken kebabs and now I’m showing you some shrimp kebabs.
Plus, now that it’s now grilling season I am all about using that BBQ as much as possible to avoid the mess inside and to log some fresh air time - who else is with me?
Alright on to this really easy dinner which hopefully inspires you to get some shrimp on the barbie asap.
What I Used:
- 10-12 large peeled shrimp, evenly distributed on kebab sticks *optional to add a wedge of lemon or two to the stick
- juice of 1 lemon
- Gotham Greens Vegan Pesto
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch chopped kale
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Frozen Quinoa or 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- OR Try one of my homemade vegan pestos:
- Marinate the shrimp for 15-20 minutes in the lemon juice & a drizzle of oil plus a pinch of salt & pepper
- While marinating, add the tomatoes, kale & garlic to a pan with a drizzle of oil and being to wilt the greens and soften the tomatoes.
- Once aromatic add the stock & wine and let simmer while stirring for 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the tomato/kale mixture is ready, add it to a large bowl with the cooked quinoa.
- Grill the shrimp over medium/high heat until cooked all the way through (it doesn’t take long!)
- Serve the shrimp kebabs with pesto sauce and warm quinoa salad topped with fresh basil