Taking Care Of Your Body: Homemade Tofu & Rice Soup
A few weeks ago I had this stomach bug that meant all I was eating was bland foods. The night I made this soup had been a long day of teaching, and I had actually planned on making a stir-fry but when it came right down to it all I wanted was soup.
So on the fly, I made the most simple soup I could think of, it took all of 10 minutes and hit the spot.
What I Used:
- 2-3 cups of water (or sub with chicken/veggie stock)
- 1-2 tbsp of Better Than Bouillon Chicken Flavor
- 1 Small head of bok choy, cleaned and finely sliced
- 1 Package of Trader Joe's Frozen Jasmine Rice
- Diced tofu, raw or pan-fried
- Bring the water to a boil along with the bouillon. Add the rice, tofu, and bok choy and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve up and enjoy!
PS this bok choy was from my most recent Imperfect Produce box! If you want to join in on saving the planet one fruit & veggie at a time, use my code AlmondsAndAsana for 20% off!!
To shop my favorite noodle & rice bowls from World Market just click below or head to my LikeToKnow.It Page!