Homemade Vegetarian Lasagna
This recipe is insanely simple, and while it's definitely not vegan or along my usual dairy free diet lines, it;s a total comfort food meal.
It's a classic version that my mom used to make and one that I decided to make for a friend who recently had a baby.
What I Used:
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 12 sheets of lasagna pasta
- 15oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 package frozen spinach or sauteed and chilled fresh spinach
- In a large mixing bowl combine the 3 kinds of cheese along with the spinach. Note that if the spinach is frozen you should cook it per the package instructions and then remove as much water as possible.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions, probably for 9-10 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- To assemble, first coat the bottom of the baking sheet with 1-2 large spoonfuls of the sauce to help keep from sticking.
- With each lasagna noodle, lay it out lengthwise and spread approximately 3 Tbsp of the cheese & spinach filling along the pasta noodle. Then roll it up and place it in the pan. I used a 9x13 pan and fit my 12 rollups perfectly. Top with the remaining sauce and an extra sprinkle of parmesan.
- To cook, just bake in the oven at 375 for about 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbling. If you pop it in the fridge beforehand it will take a little longer to heat up.