Simple Vegan Tofu Stir Fry
On Monday's I start early and end late. I don't usually get home until 7:30 or 8 and by then I am STARVING so it's either a quick bite out or have something prepped. I prefer to have something prepped and since I often have a chunk of time in the later morning to get that setup, that's my go-to.
On this particular week, I was still dealing with an upset stomach so wanted to keep it simple, low in fat, no dairy, definitely something with rice and veggies. Enter the tofu stirfry. I pan-fried the tofu ahead of time and sauteed the veggies as well as mixed the sauce. That way when I got home all I had to do was heat up my favorite Trader Joe's frozen rice along with my stir fry tofu & veggies and give it a toss!
What I Used & How To (for 2 servings)
- 1 package of tofu. Diced into bite-sized pieces and pan-fried in grapeseed oil over high heat until golden on each side
- 5 Large Carrots peeled and sliced thinly on an angle & 1 large zucchini cut into thin half moons. Sauteed in oil until golden brown.
- 1 Package Trader Joe's Frozen Rice. Cooked per package instructions (microwave for 3-4 minutes)
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger & 3/4 cup of soy sauce. Whisked together.
- Combine the tofu, veggies, and as much sauce as you'd like in a pan to heat through and serve over the rice!