Lemon Pepper Salmon With Vegan Pesto Pasta
This summer has been all about simplicity. When cooking at home it's been almost exclusively grilling out and making it as easy as possible.
I've definitely gotten a little creative on a few occasions, like this shrimp & pesto skewer or this miso salmon with bok choy, but for the most part, it has been anything but complicated.
The other night, as my husband was getting ready to leave for a work trip, he so kindly stayed a few extra minutes to grill me up my meal (and to teach me some of his grillin tricks!).
So for a little inspiration, I wanted to share with you guys what we made:
Lemon Pepper Salmon:
- 6-8oz wild salmon filet (per person, I prefer the skin removed)
- drizzled with 1 tbsp oil, 1/4-1/2 lemon worth of juice, 1 tsp of lemon pepper
- In a foil packet, placed on the grill on high/medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- drizzled with 1 tbsp of oil, salt & pepper
- in a foil packet, placed on the grill on high/medium heat for about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the stalks.
- 2/3 cup cooked orzo (per person)
- 1/2 a container of Gotham Greens Vegan Pesto
- Tossed while warm and gobbled down!